Join the Atlas Team!
Atlas Brew Works Tap Room Manager – Ivy City, Washington DC
DC’s own Solar Powered Craft Brewery is seeking two energetic, hospitality veterans to join our growing team and head our Ivy City Taproom. The Ivy City Tap Room Managers are a vital part of the Atlas Team; overseeing a key component of the Atlas guest experience, band, and growth. The Tap Room Manager is responsible for managing our Tap Room operations, procuring supplies, and most importantly, ensuring the quality of service for our valued guests.
Atlas offers competitive compensation; $55,000-$65,000 salary range, bonus eligibility, company sponsored retirement plan, health insurance, and flexible time off.
The Ivy City Tap Room Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Ivy City Tap Room including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring guests enjoy a hospitable environment and the freshest local craft beer served by knowledgeable and friendly staff.
- Leading service behind the bar during public open hours
- Organize and fulfill of the Direct-to-Consumer orders.
- Creating and maintaining a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule for staff and events.
- Holding staff accountable to company standards.
- Proper evaluation and execution of opening and closing procedures, cleaning, organization, and inventory control.
- Implement, maintain, and adjust SOPs.
- Set and achieve goals for staff and taproom sales.
- Maintain a secure, safe, sanitary, and healthy environment by enforcing health and legal regulations.
- Performing maintenance, general cleanliness, tap and line system maintenance, and working with the brewing team to coordinate beer rotation schedule.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by managing daily inbound and outbound costs including negotiating, purchasing, and receiving supplies, maintaining and tracking inventory, and controlling labor costs.
- Create, maintain, and utilize personnel, monetary, and inventory reports.
- Collect and evaluate customer and staff feedback and react accordingly.
- Work with and communicate to all levels of management to achieve goals
- Investigate and resolve staff and guest issues in a timely manner.
- Grow sales through creative events and promotions
- A great attitude and desire to create the best hospitality experience for our guests
- A minimum of 2 years as a tap room manager or equivalent
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- ABRA certified manager's license
- Knowledge of financial aspects of business operations.
- Attention to detail, able to multi-task, and prioritize day to day activities. Ability to anticipate and proactively address problems in a timely manner.
- Basic understanding of beer production.
- Craft beer style knowledge and understanding. Cicerone Level 1 preferred.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people.
- Self-motivated and exhibiting an aptitude for leading, coaching, and driving excellence
- Exceptional customer service skills. Organization and cleanliness are a priority.
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs.
- Ability to manipulate 165 lbs kegs with/without dolly.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Cleanliness and Organization is a must. What is the first thing you look for when walking up to and upon entering the establishment?
- A customer requests a pint of one of our delicious limited beers. That particular beer becomes unavailable when you try to fulfill the request. What steps would you take and what is would you say to the customer?
- ABRA Manager's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location